10 Jul LIBRARY NEWS
All the books Click here
- We have decided to sell some of the books in the library that we have doubled up.
- Click here for list.
- They will be available for sale from the library on Wednesday lunch between 10am & 1pm & before the General Meetings 6pm-8pm.
- Visa & Mastercard ONLY. No cash, no other cards.
Members are encouraged to make use of the extensive collection of books, DVDs, magazines, race programs and racing memorabilia stored at the library. (We also welcome donations of such to continue to develop our resources. Programs are particularly handy.)
Books and DVDs may be borrowed for up to two months through the use of VHRR membership card, whilst magazines and programs can be read on site.
The library is open Wednesdays 10 – 3, Club nights 6 – 8 or by appointment.
For further information contact CHERYL REID 0419 581 815.
Books for borrowing have been organized according to the following areas.
- Individual marques: The books are arranged in alphabetical order by vehicle make.
- Australian Motor Sport: These books on Australian motor racing are arranged in alphabetical order by author’s surname.
- Grands Prix: Books on Grands Prix and Formula one are arranged in chronological order.
- Racing Cars – General: Books are in alphabetical order by author’s surname.
- Sports Cars – General: Books are in alphabetical order by author’s surname.
- Biographical works: Books are in alphabetical order by subject’s surname.
- Technical works: Books are in alphabetical order by author’s surname.
- Miscellaneous works: Books are in alphabetical order by author’s surname.
Australian Motor Sports, Sports Car World, Auto Sportsman, Racing Car News, Australian Motor Racing, Motor Sport (English) Autosport (English), F1 Racing, (English), Classic & Sports Car (English), Classic Cars (English), Road & Track (USA) are a few of the collection of magazines to be found in the library.
The library houses an extensive range of racing and hillclimb programs from most Victorian circuits and a large number of interstate circuits. These are particularly useful when tracking the history of your car.
A wide range of DVDs covering local and overseas events, biographies, and marques may be borrowed.
Mac Hulbert & Cheryl Reid