Entries open Monday 6th May 2019 and close Friday 5th July 2019
Please complete the entry form below or download a copy of the forms here:
RISK WARNING, DISCLAIMER AND INDEMNITY
Motor Sport Activities are inherently dangerous recreational activities and there is significant risk of injury, disability or death.
If you do not wish to be exposed to such risks, then you should not participate in the Motor Sport Activities. I acknowledge that:
- the risks associated with attending or participating in Motor Sport Activities include but are NOT LIMITED to the risk that I may suffer harm as a result of:
- motor vehicles (or parts of them) colliding with other motor vehicles or persons or property;
- others participants acting dangerously or with lack of skills;
- high levels of noise exposure;
- acts of violence and other harmful acts (whether intentional or inadvertent) committed by persons attending or participating in the event; and
- the failure or unsuitability of facilities (including grand-stands, fences and guard rails) to ensure my safety.
EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, RELEASE & INDEMNITY
In exchange for being able to attend or participate in the Motor Sport Activities, I agree:
- to release CAMS and the Entities to the extent that any or all of them are providing Recreational Services from all liability for:
a. my death;
b. any physical or mental injury (including the aggravation, acceleration or recurrence of such an injury);
c. the contraction, aggravation or acceleration of a disease;
d. the coming into existence, the aggravation, acceleration or recurrence of any other condition, circumstance, occurrence, activity, form of behaviour, course of conduct or state of affairs:
i. that is or may be harmful or disadvantageous to me or the community; or
ii. that may result in harm or disadvantage to me or the community,
howsoever arising from my participation in or attendance at the Motor Sport Activities;
- to indemnify and hold harmless and keep indemnified the Entities to the maximum extent permitted by law in respect of any Claim by any person; and
- to attend at or participate in the Motor Sport Activities at my own risk. I understand that:
- nothing in this document excludes, restricts or modifies any rights that I may have as a result of significant personal injury that is caused by the Reckless Conduct of the Entities as the supplier of the Motor Sport Activities / Recreational Services;
- nothing in this document prevents the Entities from relying on any laws (including statute and common law) that limit or preclude their liability;
- nothing in this document excludes any term or guarantee which under statute cannot be excluded; however the liability of the Entities is limited to the minimum liability allowable by law;
- nothing in this document precludes me from making a claim under a CAMS insurance policy where I am expressly entitled to make a claim under that insurance policy; and
- CAMS has arranged some limited personal injury insurance coverage which may provide me with some protection for loss, damage or injury that I may suffer during my participation in the Motor Sport Activities. However, I acknowledge and accept that the insurance taken out by CAMS may not provide me with full indemnity for loss, damage or injury that I may suffer during my participation in the Motor Sport Activities, and that I may have to pay the excess if a Claim is made under an insurance policy on my behalf. I agree that my own insurance arrangements are ultimately my responsibility and I will arrange any additional coverage at my expense after taking into account CAMS insurance arrangements, this document and my own circumstances.
Where Motor Sport Activities are held in the following jurisdictions, I acknowledge that I have also read and accept the following warnings:
WARNING APPLICABLE IN RELATION TO MOTOR SPORT ACTIVITIES HELD IN VICTORIA WARNING UNDER THE AUSTRALIAN CONSUMER LAW AND FAIR TRADING ACT 2012:
Under the Australian Consumer Law (Victoria), several statutory guarantees apply to the supply of certain goods and services. These guarantees mean that the supplier named on this form is required to ensure that the recreational services it supplies to you:
- are rendered with due care and skill;
- are reasonably fit for any purpose which you either expressly or by implication, make known to the supplier; and
- might reasonably be expected to achieve any result you have made known to the supplier.
Under section 22 of the Australian Consumer Law and Fair Trading Act 2012 (Vic), the supplier is entitled to ask you to agree
that these conditions do not apply to you. If you sign this form, you will be agreeing that your rights to sue the supplier under the Australian Consumer Law and Fair Trading Act 2012 if you are killed or injured because the services were not in accordance with these guarantees, are excluded, restricted or modified in the way set out in this form.
NOTE: The change to your rights, as set out in this form, does not apply if your death or injury is due to gross negligence on the supplier’s part. “Gross negligence” in relation to an act or omission, means doing the act or omitting to do an act with reckless disregard, with or without consciousness, for the consequences of the act or omission. See regulation 5 of the Australian Consumer Law and Fair Trading Regulations 2012 and section 22(3)(b) of the Australian Consumer Law and Fair Trading Act 2012.
WARNING APPLICABLE IN RELATION TO MOTOR SPORT ACTIVITIES HELD IN SOUTH AUSTRALIA
Under sections 60 and 61 of the Australian Consumer Law (SA), if a person in trade or commerce supplies you with services including recreational services), there is:
- a statutory guarantee that those services will be rendered with due care and skill;
- a statutory guarantee that those services, and any product resulting from those services, will be reasonably fit for the purpose for which the services are being acquired (as long as that purpose is made known to the supplier); and
- a statutory guarantee that those services, and any product resulting from those services, will be of such a nature, and quality, state or condition, that they might reasonably be expected to achieve the result that the consumer wishes to achieve (as long as that wish is made known to the supplier or a person with whom negotiations have been conducted in relation to the acquisition of the services.
Excluding, Restricting or Modifying Your Rights:
Under section 42 of the Fair Trading Act 1987 (SA), the supplier of recreational services is entitled to ask you to agree to exclude, restrict or modify his or her liability for any personal injury suffered by you or another person for whom or on whose behalf you are acquiring the services (a third party consumer). If you sign this form, you will be agreeing to exclude, restrict or modify the supplier’s liability with the result that compensation may not be payable if you or the third party consumer suffer personal injury.
You do not have to agree to exclude, restrict or modify your rights by signing this form. The supplier may refuse to provide you with the services if you do not agree to exclude, restrict or modify your rights by signing this form. Even if you sign this form, you may still have further legal rights against the supplier. A child under the age of 18 cannot legally agree to exclude, restrict or modify his or her rights. A parent or guardian of a child who acquires recreational services for the child cannot legally agree to exclude, restrict or modify the child’s rights.
Agreement to exclude, restrict or modify your rights:
I agree that the liability of CAMS and the Entities for any personal injury that may result from the supply of the recreational services that may be suffered by me (or a person for whom or on whose behalf I am acquiring the services is excluded.
Further information about your rights can be found at www.ocba.sa.gov.au
“CAMS” means the Confederation of Australia Motor Sport Ltd.
“Claim” means and includes any action, suit, proceeding, claim, demand or cause of action however arising including but not limited to negligence, BUT does NOT include a claim under a CAMS insurance policy by any person expressly entitled to make a claim under that insurance policy;
“Entities” means event and competition organisers/promoters/managers, land and track owners/managers/administrators/lessees, CAMS affiliated clubs, state and territory governments and insured listed in CAMS’ public/product/professional indemnity insurance policies and each of their related bodies corporate (including their related bodies corporate) and each of their organs and agencies, officers/president/directors/executives, employees, servants, agents, partners, providers, members, competitors, drivers, co-drivers, navigators, officials, crew members, pit crew, delegates, licence holders, representatives, commissions, committees, advisers, trustees, councils, panels, shareholders, volunteers, officials, appointees, delegated bodies and sponsors.
“Motor Sport Activities” means any motor sport activities or Recreational Services which are permitted or approved which CAMS regulates or administers by CAMS or otherwise under the responsibility / control of CAMS;
“Reckless Conduct” means conduct where the supplier of the recreational services is aware, or should reasonably have been aware, of a significant risk that the conduct could result in personal injury to another person and engages in the conduct despite the risk and without adequate justification;
“Recreational Services” means (unless otherwise defined in this document) services that consist of participation in:
a. a sporting activity; or
b. a similar leisure time pursuit or any other activity that:
i. involves a significant degree of physical exertion or physical risk; and
ii. is undertaken for the purposes of recreation, enjoyment or leisure.
I accept the conditions of, and acknowledge the risks arising from, attending or participating in the Motor Sport Activities being provided by CAMS and the Entities. I agree to comply with all policies, rules, regulations and directions of CAMS and the Entities in relation to this event.
I have read, understood, acknowledge and agree to the above including the exclusion of statutory guarantees, warning, assumption of risk, release and indemnity.